Monday, April 27, 2009

Disney: Seeing double?

My hubby Bur shared a YouTube clip, where scenes from different Disney flicks were obviously recycled. An article from Slate.com ask whether this affects the way we view Disney.

While I find this YouTune clip amusing, it did not, in any way, diminish my respect and admiration for Disney. I grew up watching Disney films; I cried buckets when Bambi lost his mother, and I can still sing Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo verbatim. (I seriously believe that watching Sleeping Beauty's billowing skirt turn into pink, then blue, then green, then pink again, is one of the factors why I became queer. Seriously.)

A seven year-old kid immersed in wonder and fantasy created by Walt Disney couldn't care less if The Jungle Book and Robin Hood were drawn using the same template. Heck, we see samples of recycled shows over and over again on local TV, and people do not seem to care.

3 comments:

Hibernating Bear said...

wlang link kay Bur?

Canuto said...

no, bur's not a blogger. he's more of my... editor, of some sorts. :-)

Mahalia said...

if it works for Disney. Plus each of the recycled scenes were targeted with a different generation. Kaya di na matandaan ng mga oldies o kaya di ma recognize ng mga young 'uns. Good strategy on Disney's part though.