Sunday, August 30, 2009

In My Life



I'm been a fan of Olivia Lamasan since she penned the Laurice Guillen Pinoy masterpiece, Ipagpatawad Mo (starring Vilma Santos and Christopher de Leon). As a director, Lamasan did not disappoint either. She steered Sharon Cuneta towards a Grand Slam-winning performance via Madrasta. Sana Maulit Muli (Aga Muhlach, Lea Salonga) and Milan (Piolo Pascual, Claudine Barretto) are both surprisingly good.

In her latest offering, In My Life, Lamasan is reunited with Vilma Santos. The Batangas governor plays a school teacher who decides to migrate to New York to live with his son (Luis Manzano)... and his lover (John Lloyd Cruz). I'll keen on watching this film, not because of its gay theme, but because the trailer I've posted above shows a lot of promise. This might be a groundbreaking performance for Cruz, and Manzano seems poised to prove that acting chops he inherited from his parents.

I'm just not sure about Vilma doing comedy. I've seen her do comedy in the past, and I must say it's not her cup of tea. Corny talaga. Note to Ate Vi: you may be one of the greatest actors in Philippine cinema, but you are no Meryl Streep.

However, Mrs. Ralph Recto is funny when she's not trying to...

3 comments:

Mahalia said...

Ken, we need you and your help, sali ka sa bayanihan badge for ondoy victims ha? I hope you are ok. Sana di kayo binaha masyado. Take care!

Unknown said...

The video was hysterical, especially during the first part where she kept on saying "where's the pahrteh?" like she was insane, and everyone was just a part of her imagination. :D

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!